Nintendo had its first full Direct in over a year on Wednesday, February 17th. Last year was a pretty stale year for Nintendo as far as news, so this 50 minute presentation was long overdue.
The first thing the Direct entailed was the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter to come to the game. Included in the second Fighter’s Pass, Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be released in March. There was promise of more news on this closer to release but it’s an interesting choice to pick companion characters over the main character Rex.
Here are some other highlights:
● The Outer Wilds is coming to the Switch in the summer this year.
● Also in the summer, Fall Guys will be making its debut on the Switch.
● Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind and Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir were announced. They will both be available May 14th.
● Samurai Warriors 5 will be coming this summer.
● The Legend of Mana is getting a remaster that will be released on June 24th.
● Mario Golf Super Rush was announced. It will be released June 25th.
● Tales from the Borderlands is coming to the Switch on March 23rd.
● Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse will be released March 16th.
● No More Heroes 3 will be available on August 27th.
● Neon White is going to come out in the winter.
● DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power is coming on June 4th.
● Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition will be coming to the Switch on March 19th.
● Miitopia, originally on the 3DS, will be coming on May 21st.
● A new tactical RPG from Square Enix was announced. It is a working title that is being called Project Triangle Strategy. There is a playable demo out now that Square Enix is asking players for feedback from, just like they did for Bravely Default 2.
● Star Wars: Hunters was announced. It is coming later this year.
● Knockout City is coming on May 21st.
● World’s End Club will be out on May 28th.
● Hades is getting a physical release for the Switch. It will be available March 19th.
● Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection is releasing on June 10th. It will include Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge.
● Hyrule Warriors is going to be getting an expansion pass.
● Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection will be out on February 25th.
● SaGa Frontier Remastered will be out on April 15th.
● Apex Legends will make its way onto the Switch on March 9th.
Aside from all of that, some bigger announcements were also revealed in this edition of Nintendo Direct. They have remastered The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and it will be out on July 16th. You’ll be able to utilize motion controls, or button controls with this remaster. Along with the release of the game, special Joy-Con controllers are being released, as well.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is going to be getting a free update on February 25th. After that update, you’ll be able to purchase Mario themed (Trailer below) items for your island from the Nook Shopping app on March 1st.
The last reveal of this Nintendo Direct was that of Splatoon 3. There was a teaser trailer (Embedded Below) at the end of the presentation. All we know for a release date for now is 2022. All in all, there are a lot of new announcements here, as well as some very exciting games to finally make their way to the Switch. I’ll be interested to see if they have any more plans for Zelda’s 35th anniversary and Pokémon’s 25th anniversary. As we know, Nintendo is big on anniversary stuff so there is bound to be more news in the future.
Agree with the author? Couldn’t disagree more and are frothing at the mouth to tell him? Leave a comment here, on Facebook or send an email and make sure to follow Never Ending Realm on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!